Designated Safeguarding Lead - Monday 7th January 2019
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Grade 4, SCP 20 (£19,819 pro rata)
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Permanent position, subject to probationary period
Required from: February 2019
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual, who has significant experience of working within safeguarding children and child protection as part of their day to day role. The safeguarding and pastoral team based at Stowmarket High School is friendly and supportive and they work together to deliver the safeguarding and child protection agenda. Experience of working with associated professionals will be an advantage. You will be able to work independently and be highly skilled communicator who has the ability work positively with a range of stakeholders and external agencies to ensure that children are kept safe. Ideally, you will have a formal qualification in social work, a relevant degree or substantial experience of safeguarding related work with technical and practical knowledge in safeguarding children and young people.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- NVQ Level 3 learning support or equivalent qualification of relevant experience
- Previous experience of working in a school
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
If you have these superhero qualities, then we would love to hear from you.
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 – 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. We are currently in the throes of having a new school built on our current site and plan to move in to our new state of the art school in 2020.
Other staff benefits include:
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Child care voucher scheme
- Commitment to staff well-being & work life balance
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities within the Trust
- LGPS Pension Scheme
For more information, visit our website at www.stowmarkethigh.suffolk.sch.uk or contact Claire Ferguson, Assistant Headteacher, Onehouse Road, Stowmarket, IP14 1QR or email: email@example.com
Completed applications should be emailed to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.00 am, Monday 21st January 2019.
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 10.00 am, Monday 21st January 2019
Interview date: Friday, 25th January 2019
Only applications submitted on the school's application form will be considered.
Applications close Monday 21st January 2019