Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)
Our Pupil Premium Ethos
The pupil premium is additional funding provided to English schools to enable them to raise the attainment of ‘disadvantaged’ children. Students are eligible for Pupil Premium if they have claimed free school meals at any time in the last six years, are in the care of the Local Authority, have been adopted from care since 2006 or come from a ‘services’ background. Schools are encouraged to use this funding creatively and imaginatively but responsibly and effectively in order to deliver improved outcomes for these young people.
The benefits enjoyed by Pupil Premium students at Stowmarket High School for 2018/2019 include:
- Reading books, Revision guides and workbooks
- Items of uniform and equipment and materials to support learning
- Interventions such as Community School’s and Revision Workshops
- Subsidised educational trips and visits at home and abroad
- Musical instrument lessons and sport tuition
- Prioritised academic mentoring
- Extra support within lessons
- Regular information, advice and guidance
Our Pupil Premium Spending plans have been carefully designed to ensure our students feel supported and nurtured, whilst maximising engagement in learning and progress. We aim to give all our students the opportunity to broaden their horizons, celebrate success, participate and overall maximise their achievement. Stowmarket High School’s goals are to close the attainment gap between our pupil premium students and their peers.
Due to the disruption caused by COVID-19 the Government has announced that it will not publish any school performance data based on tests, assessments or exams for 2020 and 2021.